RPT Information & Tools
Helping Students Succeed
RPT Information & Tools
Helping Students Succeed
RPT Information & Tools
SCWI Calendar of Important Dates for 2020/21
This calendar provides a summary of important SCWI dates between September 2020 and August 2021.
Updated September 14, 2020.
SCWI Reporting, Approval & Monitoring Process Report for 2020-2021
This SCWI accountability document provides information for regional planning teams regarding the SCWI Reporting Website for completing the Interim Report, Dual Credit Student Data Report and SCWI Final Report; Approval Process for Contract Changes; Process for Requesting New Dual Credit Course Code(s); Process for Monitoring Activities/Forums; and sample forms.
Updated November 25, 2020
SCWI Scheduling Dual Credits -- Sharing Session 2020
Scheduling Dual Credit Programs this year is likely more challenging than in previous years with the wider range of ways students are learning. This webinar provided an opportunity to discuss RPTs’ scheduling strategies, successes and areas needing focus. The recording and resources are available.
Summer Institute 2020
This was our first online Summer Institute which served both new and experienced Regional Planning Team Members. Presentations by RPTs on their shift to online delivery and meetings were a highlight of the event. In this section, you will find the presentations, recordings and resources that were shared. Items specific to EDCS can be found on the EDCS webpage.
- Background of SCWI – David Armstrong (pptx)
- Recorded August 31, 2020
- Successful Practices from RPTs Recorded in English on August 31, 2020
- Strategies for Remote Collaboration (pptx)
- Strategies for Success: Working in a New Online World (pptx)
- Dual Credits Summer School Brochure (pdf)
- eConnestoga Login Procedure (pdf)
- Learning to Learn Online (pptx)
- SWAC Advising and Mentorship (pptx)
- Online and Distant Forums and Activities. Recorded on August 31, 2020:
- Remotely Delivered Activities (pptx)
- Hello Future: Spring Activities 2020 (pptx)
- Online RPT Meetings (pptx)
- Dual Credit Teacher Faculty Forums (pptx)
- Importance of Accurate Data from a Student Perspective (pptx)
- Recorded on September 1, 2020
- Promising and Successful Resources. Recorded on September 1, 2020
- Dual Credit Student Survey Responses (pdf)
- GBC SWAC TDSB Student Survey Responses (pdf)
- GBC Best Practices for Online Delivery (pdf)
- Central Lakes Regional Planning Team website (pptx)
- Eastern Lakeshore Regional Planning Team website (pptx)
- Promotional Videos (available in French only) (pdf)
- Dual Credit Outline for Inclusion (pdf)
- Update on SCWI Websites (pdf)
- SCWI Newsletters (pptx)
Summer Institute 2020 - Contract Change Activity
Summer Institute participants had the opportunity to review three contract change requests(Culinary, Woodworking and Parenting) to determine if the requests would be approved. Resources from this activity are available for download.
Contract Change Memo 2019-2020
Memo: Friday, July 9, 2019
This document contains the submission dates and procedures for requesting any changes to RPT Contracts for 2019-20.
SCWI Activity Monitoring Report 2019-2020 Executive Summary, September 2020
This executive summary is a brief report of the 2019-2020 regional planning team activity/forum monitoring conducted by the SCWI Liaison Team Members. The report includes a list of the activities and forums monitored as well as a provincial overview of their effectiveness. The detailed report has been provided to each liaison member to assist them with providing resource materials to any RPT requesting further information about activities or forums.
SCWI Approved 2020 - 2021 Activities and Forums
A report listing each RPT’s approved activities/forums including a brief overview, date, location, time and contact person. RPT’s are encouraged to refer to this resource to explore activities or forums that may be of interest to them.
Updated: October 28, 2020
Updates will occur throughout the year as more detailed information becomes available.
Proposing Level 1 Apprenticeship Dual Credits Workshop
The 2019 webinar focused on how to input Level 1 Apprenticeship Dual Credit proposals into EDCS. The focus of the 2020 webinar was on the various Level 1 Apprenticeship delivery options. The pros and cons of each type of delivery were explored. Level 1 Delivery Options 2020 was designed to help RPTs in decision-making. The recordings, presentations and related resources are available for download. .
- Proposing Level 1 Dual Credits – Recorded on December 3, 2020
- Proposing Level 1 Dual Credits (pptx)
- Notes and Polls – December 2020 (pdf)
- Level 1 Delivery Options – December 2020 (MS Word)
- Proposing Level 1 Dual Credits Recording - Recorded December 11, 2019
- Proposing Level 1 Dual Credits presentation - December 2019 (pptx)
- Q’s and A’s - December 2019 (pdf)
- Level 1 proposal and approval timeline (pdf)
- Level 1 Options Chart (pdf)
Adult Dual Credit Pilot Programs
Adult Dual Credit Pilot Programs were launched in Semester 1, 2017-18. Here you will find resources presented at the Enhancing Adult Dual Credit Pilot Programs Regional Forums held in Spring 2018.
In order to support the implementation of the Adult Dual Credit (ADC) pilots, SCWI has developed a document that brings together Ministry of Education policies and procedures. This document will be of assistance in recording and transcripting ADCs and dual credit teacher funding depending on the delivery approach (college delivered or team-taught). Added November 2018.
Level 1 Mathematics Skills Resources
Teacher and student learning packages resources have been developed to enhance the knowledge and confidence of Level 1 Carpentry, Culinary Arts and Motive Power dual credit apprentices in identified mathematical areas (measurement, fractions, decimals and geometry). These resources were developed by the Nipissing Parry Sound RPT and field tested by Canadore college staff with students.
These resources focus on a practical and hands-on approach to learning and reflect the real-world mathematical demands facing apprentices.
Mental Health Input from RPTs on Resources, Strategies and Programs
The purpose of this document is to provide information and sample practices on mental health resources, strategies and programs used by RPTs. The agenda for a RPT Mental Health Pilot Workshop conducted by RPTs 5, 7 and 14 is also included.
Updated: January 9, 2018.
Level 1 In-School Apprenticeship Training Options
This document includes the various options for SCWI and non-SCWI Level 1 programs. RPTs, working with their boards’ OYAP coordinators, should consider the wide range of options in order to determine which options are appropriate and will be available to their students. This document includes details on each of the SCWI Level 1 dual credit options including notes on student eligibility and funding.
Updated: November 2020
After SWAC and After Adult Dual Credit Resources 2020-21
Materials to support the delivery of both After School Within a College (SWAC) and After Adult Dual Credits (ADC) will be useful for both college advisors and Regional Planning Team members.>
Included here are descriptions of these pilots, reporting templates and prior year’s results.
Also included here are resources from the November 17, 2020 College Advisor Sharing Session.
For those college advisors and others not able to attend the webinars, the recordings and accompanying power points are available.
For those college advisors and others not able to attend the webinar, the recording and accompanying power point is available.
Updated November 2020
- SCWI After ADC Description (pdf)
- SCWI After SWAC Description (pdf)
- SCWI After ADC and SWAC Power Point (Updated September 2020)
- College Advisor Webinar (Recorded September 2020)
- SCWI After ADC Reporting Template – Semester 1 2020-21 (xlsx)
- SCWI After SWAC Reporting Template – Semester 1 2020-21 (xlsx)
- After SWAC and After ADC Results 2019-20 (pptx)
- 2019-20 After ADC and After SWAC Formulas
- OCAS Resources for Guidance Counsellors
- Ontario College Application User Guide, 20-20-21
Dual Credit Students with an IEP/IPRC
Questions and Answers to Assist Colleges and School Boards When Registering a Student with an IEP/IPRC in a Dual Credit Course.
SCWI Recommends Criminal Reference Checks for College Staff Providing Instruction at Secondary Schools
Memo: Friday, May 13, 2016
In the document below the SCWI committee on Criminal Record Checks has released its recommendations to RPTs regarding important procedural changes. For all college instructors providing dual credit courses at secondary school locations, RPT's are strongly advised to implement Ontario Regulation 521/01 effective September 1, 2016. Please read the document attached carefully.
Indigenous Education Board Leads Webinar
In order to support First Nations, Métis and Inuit board leads, the School-College-Work Initiative (SCWI) has partnered with the Student Achievement Division and the Indigenous Education Office of the Ministry of Education. The power point presentation that was shared at this webinar on June 14, 2017 is available for download.
SCWI – CRALO Document on Dual Credits
The College Registrars, Admissions and Liaison Officers (CRALO) have developed this statement regarding how dual credits are considered in the college application process and how students receive recognition for their dual credits once they finish secondary school and start a college program.
Adobe Connect Resources
RPT Chairs and Coordinators may want to use Adobe Connect or other web-based meeting tools to help bring their teams together. A recording of the April RPT Chairs and Coordinators training session and the accompanying Power Point presentation are available. Details on booking an SCWI Adobe Connect meeting room are included in the Power Point.
- Using Adobe Connect for your RPT meeting (Recorded: April 5, 2020)
- RPT Adobe Connect Training for Chairs and Coordinators (April 2020) (.pptx)
- Developing Content for Adobe Connect Workshops – April 2020 (pptx)
- Developing Content for Adobe Connect Workshops – Recorded April 8, 2020
- Engaging Workshop Participants – April 2020 (pdf)
- Engaging Workshop Participants – Recorded April 21, 2020
- Facilitating Symposium Networking Sessions, Part 1 – April 2020 (pdf)
- SCWI Training for Network Facilitators, Part 1. Recorded April 15, 2020.
- Networking Session Training, Part 2 – April 2020 (pdf)
- Networking Session Training, Part 2. Recorded April 29, 2020
- SCWI Training for Moderators. Recorded April 27, 2020
- Audio Set-Up in an Adobe Connect Meeting Room (PDF)