RPT Information & Tools
Helping Students Succeed
RPT Information & Tools
Helping Students Succeed
RPT Information & Tools
SCWI Calendar of Important Dates for 2022/23
This calendar provides a summary of important SCWI dates between August 2023 and August 2024.
Updated September 7, 2023.
Are you new to the School-College-Work Initiative?
There are lots of excellent resources on our website – below you’ll find key resources to help you as you begin your involvement with SCWI.
You can also refer to the resources in the Summer Institute 2022 page.
Updated October 4, 2022
- New to SCWI recorded September 29, 2022
- New to SCWI, September 29, 2022 (pptx)
- SCWI Acronyms Bookmark
- RPT Update and Kick Off to SCWI’s 25th Anniversary, recorded August 30, 2021
- RPT Update and Anniversary Kick Off, August 30, 2021 (pptx)
- Dual Credit Policy Document, 2020
- Dual Credit Policy and Course Codes 101, August 31, 2021 (pptx)
- Intro to EDCS for Beginners, August 31, 2021 (pptx)
- Intro to EDCS for Beginners, recorded August 31, 2021
SCWI Reporting, Approval & Monitoring Process Report for 2022-2023
This SCWI accountability document provides information for regional planning teams regarding the SCWI Reporting Website for completing the Interim Report, Dual Credit Student Data Report and SCWI Final Report; Approval Process for Contract Changes; Process for Requesting New Dual Credit Course Code(s); Process for Monitoring Activities/Forums; and sample forms.
Updated October 31, 2022
Supplementary Reporting Templates
In addition to reporting done through EDCS, RPTs are required to complete supplementary reporting on SWAC, Adult Dual Credit, and Level 1 Transition Support programs. This reporting is to be done using the templates below. Completed forms are to be submitted by email to David Armstrong.
Summer Institute 2022
This August 2022 online event brought together Regional Planning Team representatives from across the province. Session recordings can be accessed here, along with PowerPoint presentations, meeting notes, and handouts.
- Intro to SCWI, August 2022 (pptx)
- Intro to SCWI Notes (pdf)
- SCWI Acronym Bookmark (pdf)
- Chairs/Coordinators Update, August 29, 2022 (pptx)
- Meeting notes (Word)
- SCWI Program Fidelity recorded on August 29, 2022
- SCWI Program Fidelity, August 29, 2022 (pptx)
- Supporting Re-engagement and Success through Dual Credit Programs – EDU presentation, August 29, 2022 (pptx)
- Contract Change Activity recorded on August 30, 2022
- Contract Change, August 30, 2022 (pptx)
- Contract Change Worksheet (Word)
- Notes (Word)
- Sharing Successful Strategies recorded on August 30, 2022
- Sharing Successful Strategies, August 30, 2022 (pptx)
- Notes (Word)
SCWI Activity Monitoring Report 2020-2021 Executive Summary, November 2021
This executive summary is a brief report of the 2020-2021 regional planning team activity/forum monitoring conducted by the SCWI Liaison Team Members. The report includes a list of the activities and forums monitored as well as a provincial overview of their effectiveness.
Posted: November 4, 2021
Contract Change Memo 2023-24
Memo February 10, 2024
This document contains the submission dates and procedures for requesting any changes to RPT Contracts for 2023-24.
Summer Institute 2021
Our second online Summer Institute provided opportunities for both new and experienced Regional Planning Team Members. Sharing successful practices and opportunities to reconnect were highlights of the event. In this section, you will find the presentations, recordings and resources that were shared. Items specific to EDCS can be found on the EDCS webpage.
- RPT Update and Kick Off to SCWI 25th Anniversary, recorded August 30, 2021
- RPT Update SCWI Anniversary Kick Off, August 30, 2021 (pptx)
- Intro to SCWI, recorded August 30, 2021
- Intro to SCWI, August 30, 2021 (pptx)
- Dual Credit Policy and Course Codes 101, August 30, 2021 (pptx)
- Sharing Successful Practices and Highlighting Resources, recorded August 31, 2021
- Summer Institute Closing Comments, recorded August 31, 2021
How do team-taught dual credits support the goals of the SCWI?
These webinars explored what makes team-taught dual credits both unique and successful.
Updated October 20, 2021
- How do team-taught dual credits support the goals of the SCWI? Recorded on October 13, 2021
- Team-taught Background, October 2021 (pdf)
- Presentation, Part 1, October 2021 (pptx)
- Team-taught Notes, Part 1, October 2021 (pdf)
- How do team-taught dual credits support the goals of the SCWI? Part 2. Recorded on October 19, 2021
- Presentation, Part 2, October 2021 (pptx)
- Team-Taught Notes, Part 2, October 2021 (pdf)
Contract Change Memo 2022-23
Memo: June 6, 2022
This document contains the submission dates and procedures for requesting any changes to RPT Contracts for 2022-23.
How do Dual Credits for Specialist High Skills Majors students support the goals of the SCWI?
This question was the focus for two webinars. The first highlights the intersections between these two Student Success initiatives. The second webinar featured guest speakers who shared their experiences with these programs.
Updated – October 29, 2021
- How do Dual Credits for SHSM students support the goals of the SCWI? Recorded October 26, 2021
- SHSM Dual Credits Backgrounder, 2021 [pdf]
- Presentation, Part 1, 2021 [pptx]
- Notes and Polls, Part 1, 2021 [pdf]
- How do dual credits for SHSM students support the goals of the SCWI? Part 2, Recorded October 28, 2021.
- Presentation (including polls), Part 2, 2021
- Notes, Part 2, 2021 (pdf)
SCWI Online Activities Sharing Session 2020
How do we continue to achieve the SCWI/IJECT goals through Activities now that many are moving online? This sharing session connected participants with other RPT members in order to focus specifically on planning and delivering Activities online during the 2020-21 school year. The recording, Power Point presentation, background information along with notes from the session are available.
SCWI Online Activities
RPTs have taken on the challenge of developing and delivering high-quality SCWI Activities -- ones that further the goals of the initiative, and that are being delivered online. These sessions will highlight online Activities delivered or planned for the 2021-22 and 2020-21 school years. Recordings of the webinars, along with the PowerPoint presentations, notes and a backgrounders are available.
Updated – April 2022
- SCWI Online Activities Showcase, Part 1, recorded on March 24, 2022 (Recording)
- SCWI Online Activities Showcase, Part 1, recorded on March 24, 2022 (pptx)
- Backgrounder, Spring 2022 (pdf)
- Part 1 Notes, March 24, 2022 (pdf)
- SCWI Online Activities Showcase, Part 2, recorded on April 6, 2022. (Recording)
- SCWI Online Activities Showcase, Part 2, recorded on April 6, 2022. pptx)
- Part 2 Notes, April 6, 2022 (pdf)
- SCWI Online Activities Backgrounder (pdf)
- SCWI Online Activities, part 1 (pptx)
- SCWI Online Activities, part 1, recorded on March 10, 2021
- SCWI Online Activities, part 1, Notes (pdf)
- SCWI Online Activities, part 2 (pptx)
- SCWI Online Activities, part 2, recorded on March 23, 2021
- SCWI Online Activities, part 2, Notes
- SCWI Online Activities, part 3, recorded on May 26, 2021
- SCWI Online Activities, part 3 (pptx)
- SCWI Online Activities, part 3, Notes (pdf)
Dual Credit Programs for Students in Secure Custody Webinar, 2022
Although there are few Dual Credit programs for students in secure custody, this webinar provided an opportunity to bring together those people who are involved in these programs or who are considering offering a new program. This session was recorded. A backgrounder which includes information on the current programs, the webinar notes and Power Point presentation are available for download.
New – April 7, 2022
Summer Institute 2020
This was our first online Summer Institute which served both new and experienced Regional Planning Team Members. Presentations by RPTs on their shift to online delivery and meetings were a highlight of the event. In this section, you will find the presentations, recordings and resources that were shared. Items specific to EDCS can be found on the EDCS webpage.
- Background of SCWI – David Armstrong (pptx)
- Recorded August 31, 2020
- Successful Practices from RPTs Recorded in English on August 31, 2020
- Strategies for Remote Collaboration (pptx)
- Strategies for Success: Working in a New Online World (pptx)
- Dual Credits Summer School Brochure (pdf)
- eConnestoga Login Procedure (pdf)
- Learning to Learn Online (pptx)
- SWAC Advising and Mentorship (pptx)
- Online and Distant Forums and Activities. Recorded on August 31, 2020:
- Remotely Delivered Activities (pptx)
- Hello Future: Spring Activities 2020 (pptx)
- Online RPT Meetings (pptx)
- Dual Credit Teacher Faculty Forums (pptx)
- Importance of Accurate Data from a Student Perspective (pptx)
- Recorded on September 1, 2020
- Promising and Successful Resources. Recorded on September 1, 2020
- Dual Credit Student Survey Responses (pdf)
- GBC SWAC TDSB Student Survey Responses (pdf)
- GBC Best Practices for Online Delivery (pdf)
- Central Lakes Regional Planning Team website (pptx)
- Eastern Lakeshore Regional Planning Team website (pptx)
- Promotional Videos (available in French only) (pdf)
- Dual Credit Outline for Inclusion (pdf)
- Update on SCWI Websites (pdf)
- SCWI Newsletters (pptx)
SCWI Approved 2022 - 2023 Activities and Forums
A report listing each RPT’s approved activities/forums including a brief overview, date, location, time and contact person. RPT’s are encouraged to refer to this resource to explore activities or forums that may be of interest to them.
Updated: October 2022
Updates will occur throughout the year as more detailed information becomes available.
Adult Dual Credits Sharing Session 2022
This session brought together educators and administrators involved in the delivery of Adult Dual Credit programs. Along with a link to the recording of this webinar, and the PowerPoint, you will find the SCWI ADC Backgrounder and Notes from the session.
Adult Dual Credit Pilot Programs
Adult Dual Credit Pilot Programs were launched in Semester 1, 2017-18. Here you will find resources presented at the Enhancing Adult Dual Credit Pilot Programs Regional Forums held in Spring 2018.
In order to support the implementation of the Adult Dual Credit (ADC) pilots, SCWI has developed a document that brings together Ministry of Education policies and procedures. This document will be of assistance in recording and transcripting ADCs and dual credit teacher funding depending on the delivery approach (college delivered or team-taught). Added November 2018.
Level 1 Mathematics Skills Resources
Teacher and student learning packages resources have been developed to enhance the knowledge and confidence of Level 1 Carpentry, Culinary Arts and Motive Power dual credit apprentices in identified mathematical areas (measurement, fractions, decimals and geometry). These resources were developed by the Nipissing Parry Sound RPT and field tested by Canadore college staff with students.
These resources focus on a practical and hands-on approach to learning and reflect the real-world mathematical demands facing apprentices.
Mental Health Input from RPTs on Resources, Strategies and Programs
The purpose of this document is to provide information and sample practices on mental health resources, strategies and programs used by RPTs. The agenda for a RPT Mental Health Pilot Workshop conducted by RPTs 5, 7 and 14 is also included.
Updated: January 9, 2018.
Level 1 In-School Apprenticeship Training Options
This document includes the various options for SCWI and non-SCWI Level 1 programs. RPTs, working with their boards’ OYAP coordinators, should consider the wide range of options in order to determine which options are appropriate and will be available to their students. This document includes details on each of the SCWI Level 1 dual credit options including notes on student eligibility and funding.
Updated: November 2020
College Advisor Wrap Around SWAC and Wrap Around Adult Dual Credit Resources 2022-23
Materials to support the delivery of both Wrap Around School Within a College (SWAC) and Wrap Around Adult Dual Credits (ADC) will be useful for both college advisors and Regional Planning Team members. Wrap Around was formerly known as "After ADC" and "After SWAC".
Included here are descriptions, reporting templates and prior results.
Also included here are the resources (PowerPoints, recordings, and Chat Notes) from 2022-2023 College Advisor Webinars for review or for those college advisors and others not able to attend the webinars.
Previous webinar resources can be found in the SCWI website archives.
Updated November 2022
Dual Credit Students with an IEP/IPRC
Questions and Answers to Assist Colleges and School Boards When Registering a Student with an IEP/IPRC in a Dual Credit Course.
How to Complete the Final Report in EDCS Webinar
How to Complete the Final Report in EDCS Webinar
Parent Information: Apprenticeships: Skilled Trades
This document will be helpful to parents with a son or daughter interested in the Skilled Trades.
SCWI Recommends Criminal Reference Checks for College Staff Providing Instruction at Secondary Schools
Memo: Friday, May 13, 2016
In the document below the SCWI committee on Criminal Record Checks has released its recommendations to RPTs regarding important procedural changes. For all college instructors providing dual credit courses at secondary school locations, RPT's are strongly advised to implement Ontario Regulation 521/01 effective September 1, 2016. Please read the document attached carefully.
Indigenous Education Board Leads Webinar
In order to support First Nations, Métis and Inuit board leads, the School-College-Work Initiative (SCWI) has partnered with the Student Achievement Division and the Indigenous Education Office of the Ministry of Education. The power point presentation that was shared at this webinar on June 14, 2017 is available for download.
SCWI – CRALO Document on Dual Credits
The College Registrars, Admissions and Liaison Officers (CRALO) have developed this statement regarding how dual credits are considered in the college application process and how students receive recognition for their dual credits once they finish secondary school and start a college program.
SCWI Scheduling Dual Credits -- Sharing Session 2020
Scheduling Dual Credit Programs this year is likely more challenging than in previous years with the wider range of ways students are learning. This webinar provided an opportunity to discuss RPTs’ scheduling strategies, successes and areas needing focus. The recording and resources are available.