RPT Information & Tools
Helping Students Succeed
RPT Information & Tools
Helping Students Succeed
RPT Information & Tools
SCWI Calendar of Important Dates for 2020/21
This calendar provides a summary of important SCWI dates between August 2021 and August 2022.
Updated February, 2022.
Are you new to the School-College-Work Initiative?
There are lots of excellent resources on our website – below you’ll find key resources to help you as you begin your involvement with SCWI.
Many of these resources were shared at the second virtual Summer Institute held by SCWI in August 2021.
Updated September 22, 2021
- New to SCWI recorded September 22, 2021
- New to SCWI, September 2021 (pptx)
- New to SCWI, September 2021 Background (pdf)
- New to SCWI, September 2021 Notes (pdf)
- Introduction to SCWI, recorded August 30, 2021
- Introduction to SCWI, August 30, 2021 (pptx)
- SCWI Acronyms Bookmark
- RPT Update and Kick Off to SCWI’s 25th Anniversary, recorded August 30, 2021
- RPT Update and Anniversary Kick Off, August 30, 2021 (pptx)
- Dual Credit Policy Document, 2020
- Dual Credit Policy and Course Codes 101, August 31, 2021 (pptx)
- Intro to EDCS for Beginners, August 31, 2021 (pptx)
- Intro to EDCS for Beginners, recorded August 31, 2021
SCWI Reporting, Approval & Monitoring Process Report for 2021-2022
This SCWI accountability document provides information for regional planning teams regarding the SCWI Reporting Website for completing the Interim Report, Dual Credit Student Data Report and SCWI Final Report; Approval Process for Contract Changes; Process for Requesting New Dual Credit Course Code(s); Process for Monitoring Activities/Forums; and sample forms.
Updated December 2, 2021
SCWI Activity Monitoring Report 2020-2021 Executive Summary, November 2021
This executive summary is a brief report of the 2020-2021 regional planning team activity/forum monitoring conducted by the SCWI Liaison Team Members. The report includes a list of the activities and forums monitored as well as a provincial overview of their effectiveness.
Posted: November 4, 2021
Summer Institute 2021
Our second online Summer Institute provided opportunities for both new and experienced Regional Planning Team Members. Sharing successful practices and opportunities to reconnect were highlights of the event. In this section, you will find the presentations, recordings and resources that were shared. Items specific to EDCS can be found on the EDCS webpage.
- RPT Update and Kick Off to SCWI 25th Anniversary, recorded August 30, 2021
- RPT Update SCWI Anniversary Kick Off, August 30, 2021 (pptx)
- Intro to SCWI, recorded August 30, 2021
- Intro to SCWI, August 30, 2021 (pptx)
- Dual Credit Policy and Course Codes 101, August 30, 2021 (pptx)
- Sharing Successful Practices and Highlighting Resources, recorded August 31, 2021
- Summer Institute Closing Comments, recorded August 31, 2021
How do team-taught dual credits support the goals of the SCWI?
These webinars explored what makes team-taught dual credits both unique and successful.
Updated October 20, 2021
- How do team-taught dual credits support the goals of the SCWI? Recorded on October 13, 2021
- Team-taught Background, October 2021 (pdf)
- Presentation, Part 1, October 2021 (pptx)
- Team-taught Notes, Part 1, October 2021 (pdf)
- How do team-taught dual credits support the goals of the SCWI? Part 2. Recorded on October 19, 2021
- Presentation, Part 2, October 2021 (pptx)
- Team-Taught Notes, Part 2, October 2021 (pdf)
Contract Change Memo 2021-22
Memo: April 22, 2021
This document contains the submission dates and procedures for requesting any changes to RPT Contracts for 2021-22.
How do Dual Credits for Specialist High Skills Majors students support the goals of the SCWI?
This question was the focus for two webinars. The first highlights the intersections between these two Student Success initiatives. The second webinar featured guest speakers who shared their experiences with these programs.
Updated – October 29, 2021
- How do Dual Credits for SHSM students support the goals of the SCWI? Recorded October 26, 2021
- SHSM Dual Credits Backgrounder, 2021 [pdf]
- Presentation, Part 1, 2021 [pptx]
- Notes and Polls, Part 1, 2021 [pdf]
- How do dual credits for SHSM students support the goals of the SCWI? Part 2, Recorded October 28, 2021.
- Presentation (including polls), Part 2, 2021
- Notes, Part 2, 2021 (pdf)
SCWI Online Activities Sharing Session 2020
How do we continue to achieve the SCWI/IJECT goals through Activities now that many are moving online? This sharing session connected participants with other RPT members in order to focus specifically on planning and delivering Activities online during the 2020-21 school year. The recording, Power Point presentation, background information along with notes from the session are available.
SCWI Online Activities
RPTs have taken on the challenge of developing and delivering high-quality SCWI Activities -- ones that further the goals of the initiative, and that are being delivered online. These sessions will highlight online Activities delivered or planned for the 2021-22 and 2020-21 school years. Recordings of the webinars, along with the PowerPoint presentations, notes and a backgrounders are available.
Updated – April 2022
- SCWI Online Activities Showcase, Part 1, recorded on March 24, 2022 (Recording)
- SCWI Online Activities Showcase, Part 1, recorded on March 24, 2022 (pptx)
- Backgrounder, Spring 2022 (pdf)
- Part 1 Notes, March 24, 2022 (pdf)
- SCWI Online Activities Showcase, Part 2, recorded on April 6, 2022. (Recording)
- SCWI Online Activities Showcase, Part 2, recorded on April 6, 2022. pptx)
- Part 2 Notes, April 6, 2022 (pdf)
- SCWI Online Activities Backgrounder (pdf)
- SCWI Online Activities, part 1 (pptx)
- SCWI Online Activities, part 1, recorded on March 10, 2021
- SCWI Online Activities, part 1, Notes (pdf)
- SCWI Online Activities, part 2 (pptx)
- SCWI Online Activities, part 2, recorded on March 23, 2021
- SCWI Online Activities, part 2, Notes
- SCWI Online Activities, part 3, recorded on May 26, 2021
- SCWI Online Activities, part 3 (pptx)
- SCWI Online Activities, part 3, Notes (pdf)
Dual Credit Programs for Students in Secure Custody Webinar, 2022
Although there are few Dual Credit programs for students in secure custody, this webinar provided an opportunity to bring together those people who are involved in these programs or who are considering offering a new program. This session was recorded. A backgrounder which includes information on the current programs, the webinar notes and Power Point presentation are available for download.
New – April 7, 2022
Summer Institute 2020
This was our first online Summer Institute which served both new and experienced Regional Planning Team Members. Presentations by RPTs on their shift to online delivery and meetings were a highlight of the event. In this section, you will find the presentations, recordings and resources that were shared. Items specific to EDCS can be found on the EDCS webpage.
- Background of SCWI – David Armstrong (pptx)
- Recorded August 31, 2020
- Successful Practices from RPTs Recorded in English on August 31, 2020
- Strategies for Remote Collaboration (pptx)
- Strategies for Success: Working in a New Online World (pptx)
- Dual Credits Summer School Brochure (pdf)
- eConnestoga Login Procedure (pdf)
- Learning to Learn Online (pptx)
- SWAC Advising and Mentorship (pptx)
- Online and Distant Forums and Activities. Recorded on August 31, 2020:
- Remotely Delivered Activities (pptx)
- Hello Future: Spring Activities 2020 (pptx)
- Online RPT Meetings (pptx)
- Dual Credit Teacher Faculty Forums (pptx)
- Importance of Accurate Data from a Student Perspective (pptx)
- Recorded on September 1, 2020
- Promising and Successful Resources. Recorded on September 1, 2020
- Dual Credit Student Survey Responses (pdf)
- GBC SWAC TDSB Student Survey Responses (pdf)
- GBC Best Practices for Online Delivery (pdf)
- Central Lakes Regional Planning Team website (pptx)
- Eastern Lakeshore Regional Planning Team website (pptx)
- Promotional Videos (available in French only) (pdf)
- Dual Credit Outline for Inclusion (pdf)
- Update on SCWI Websites (pdf)
- SCWI Newsletters (pptx)
SCWI Approved 2021 - 2022 Activities and Forums
A report listing each RPT’s approved activities/forums including a brief overview, date, location, time and contact person. RPT’s are encouraged to refer to this resource to explore activities or forums that may be of interest to them.
Updated: February 25, 2022
Updates will occur throughout the year as more detailed information becomes available.
Adult Dual Credits Sharing Session 2022
This session brought together educators and administrators involved in the delivery of Adult Dual Credit programs. Along with a link to the recording of this webinar, and the PowerPoint, you will find the SCWI ADC Backgrounder and Notes from the session.
Adult Dual Credit Pilot Programs
Adult Dual Credit Pilot Programs were launched in Semester 1, 2017-18. Here you will find resources presented at the Enhancing Adult Dual Credit Pilot Programs Regional Forums held in Spring 2018.
In order to support the implementation of the Adult Dual Credit (ADC) pilots, SCWI has developed a document that brings together Ministry of Education policies and procedures. This document will be of assistance in recording and transcripting ADCs and dual credit teacher funding depending on the delivery approach (college delivered or team-taught). Added November 2018.
Level 1 Mathematics Skills Resources
Teacher and student learning packages resources have been developed to enhance the knowledge and confidence of Level 1 Carpentry, Culinary Arts and Motive Power dual credit apprentices in identified mathematical areas (measurement, fractions, decimals and geometry). These resources were developed by the Nipissing Parry Sound RPT and field tested by Canadore college staff with students.
These resources focus on a practical and hands-on approach to learning and reflect the real-world mathematical demands facing apprentices.
Mental Health Input from RPTs on Resources, Strategies and Programs
The purpose of this document is to provide information and sample practices on mental health resources, strategies and programs used by RPTs. The agenda for a RPT Mental Health Pilot Workshop conducted by RPTs 5, 7 and 14 is also included.
Updated: January 9, 2018.
Level 1 In-School Apprenticeship Training Options
This document includes the various options for SCWI and non-SCWI Level 1 programs. RPTs, working with their boards’ OYAP coordinators, should consider the wide range of options in order to determine which options are appropriate and will be available to their students. This document includes details on each of the SCWI Level 1 dual credit options including notes on student eligibility and funding.
Updated: November 2020
Wrap Around SWAC and Wrap Around Adult Dual Credit Resources 2021-22
Materials to support the delivery of both Wrap Around School Within a College (SWAC) and Wrap Around Adult Dual Credits (ADC) will be useful for both college advisors and Regional Planning Team members. This was formerly known as "After ADC" and "After SWAC".
Included here are descriptions, reporting templates and prior results.
Also included here are resources from the November 2020; March 2021 and March 28, 2022 College Advisor Sharing Sessions. .
For those college advisors and others not able to attend the webinars, the recordings and accompanying power points are available.
Updated March 29, 2022
- SCWI Wrap Around ADC Description (pdf)
- SCWI Wrap Around SWAC Description (pdf)
- SCWI Sem 2 Wrap Around SWAC Reporting Template, 2021-22 (Excel)
- SCWI Sem 2 Wrap Around ADC Reporting Template, 2021-22 (Excel)
- SCWI College Advisor Sharing Session, recorded March 29, 2022
- SCWI College Advisor Sharing Session, recorded March 29, 2022 (pptx)
- Webinar Notes – March 29, 2022 (pdf)
- SCWI College Advisor Webinar – Feb 16, 2021 (pptx)
- SCWI College Advisor Webinar Notes Feb 16 and March 3, 2021 (pdf)
- SCWI College Advisor Webinar Recorded Feb 16, 2021
- Seat Deposit, March, 2021 (pdf)
- SCWI College Advisor Sharing Session, March 15, 2021 (pptx)
- SCWI College Advisor Sharing Session Notes (pdf)
- College Advisor Webinar (Recorded September 2020)
- After SWAC and After ADC Results, Sem 1 2020-21 (pptx)
- After SWAC and After ADC Results 2019-20 (pptx)
- 2021-22 Wrap Around ADC/SWAC Funding Formulas (Excel)
- OCAS Resources for Guidance Counsellors 2020-21
- Ontario College Application User Guide, 20-20-21
Dual Credit Students with an IEP/IPRC
Questions and Answers to Assist Colleges and School Boards When Registering a Student with an IEP/IPRC in a Dual Credit Course.
Parent Information: Apprenticeships: Skilled Trades
This document will be helpful to parents with a son or daughter interested in the Skilled Trades.
SCWI Recommends Criminal Reference Checks for College Staff Providing Instruction at Secondary Schools
Memo: Friday, May 13, 2016
In the document below the SCWI committee on Criminal Record Checks has released its recommendations to RPTs regarding important procedural changes. For all college instructors providing dual credit courses at secondary school locations, RPT's are strongly advised to implement Ontario Regulation 521/01 effective September 1, 2016. Please read the document attached carefully.
Indigenous Education Board Leads Webinar
In order to support First Nations, Métis and Inuit board leads, the School-College-Work Initiative (SCWI) has partnered with the Student Achievement Division and the Indigenous Education Office of the Ministry of Education. The power point presentation that was shared at this webinar on June 14, 2017 is available for download.
SCWI – CRALO Document on Dual Credits
The College Registrars, Admissions and Liaison Officers (CRALO) have developed this statement regarding how dual credits are considered in the college application process and how students receive recognition for their dual credits once they finish secondary school and start a college program.
Adobe Connect Resources
Training materials for SCWI Symposium workshop presenters, moderators and networking session facilitators are available.
RPT Chairs and Coordinators may want to use Adobe Connect or other web-based meeting tools to help bring their teams together. A recording of the April RPT Chairs and Coordinators training session and the accompanying Power Point presentation are available. Details on booking an SCWI Adobe Connect meeting room are included in the Power Point.
Updated April 2022
- Symposium Moderator Training, Recorded April 26, 2022
- Symposium Moderator Training, Recorded April 26, 2022 (pptx)
- SCWI Training for Network Facilitators and Moderators recorded April 12, 2022
- SCWI Training for Network Facilitators and Moderators recorded April 12, 2022 (pptx)
- Using Adobe Connect for your RPT meeting (Recorded: April 5, 2020)
- RPT Adobe Connect Training for Chairs and Coordinators (April 2020) (.pptx)
- Developing Content for Adobe Connect Workshops – March 2021 (pptx)
- Developing Content for Adobe Connect Workshops – Recorded March 30, 2021
- Engaging Workshop Participants – April 2021 (pptx)
- Engaging Workshop Participants – Recorded April 21, 2021
- SCWI Symposium Networking Session Training – April 2021 (pptx)
- SCWI Symposium Networking Sessions Training – Recorded April 6, 2021
- SCWI Networking Practice Session – April 2021 (pptx)
- SCWI Networking Practice Session.Recorded April 22, 2021
- SCWI Training for Workshop Moderators – April 2021 (pptx)
- SCWI Training for Workshop Moderators. Recorded April 21, 2021
- SCWI Moderator Training – April 2020 (PDF)
- Audio Set-Up in an Adobe Connect Meeting Room (PDF)
SCWI Scheduling Dual Credits -- Sharing Session 2020
Scheduling Dual Credit Programs this year is likely more challenging than in previous years with the wider range of ways students are learning. This webinar provided an opportunity to discuss RPTs’ scheduling strategies, successes and areas needing focus. The recording and resources are available.